Lamb And Lentil Biryani With Caramelised Onion RecipeBy Claire Brookman On Nov 21, 2020
Cooking Lamb and lentil biryani with caramelised onion recipe step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Lamb and lentil biryani with caramelised onion recipe you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Made from lamb mince, basmati rice and a can of brown lentils, this easy biryani will be a new family favourite.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Lamb And Lentil Biryani With Caramelised Onion Recipe
- 3 brown onions
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 50g butter
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 200g lamb mince
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4cm piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 long red chilli, sliced, plus extra, to serve
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 1/2 cups basmati rice
- 2 1/2 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 400g can brown lentils, drained, rinsed
- Fresh coriander sprigs, to serve
- Plain Greek-style yoghurt, to serve
- Naan bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Lamb And Lentil Biryani With Caramelised Onion Recipe
- Halve and thinly slice 2 onions. Heat 1 tablespoon oil and half the butter in a large, deep frying pan over medium heat. Add sliced onion and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden. Add sugar. Increase heat to medium-high. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion is caramelised. Transfer to a bowl. Cover to keep warm.
- Finely chop remaining onion. Heat remaining oil and butter in pan over medium heat. Add chopped onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until light golden. Add mince. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up mince, for 5 minutes or until browned. Add garlic, ginger, chilli and spices. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add rice. Stir to coat in spice mixture. Add stock and lentils. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes or until rice is just tender. Season with salt and pepper. Top biryani with caramelised onion, coriander and extra chilli. Serve with yoghurt and naan.
Nutritions of Lamb And Lentil Biryani With Caramelised Onion Recipe
fatContent: 864.463 calories
saturatedFatContent: 35.7 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 11.8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 112.8 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 29.2 grams protein
sodiumContent: 60 milligrams cholesterol