Vietnamese Caramel Salmon With Steamed Ginger Rice RecipeBy Lucy Nunes On Nov 20, 2020
Cooking Vietnamese caramel salmon with steamed ginger rice recipe step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Vietnamese caramel salmon with steamed ginger rice recipe you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Whether its for a quick and easy midweek dinner or entertaining, this Asian main has a sticky caramel sauce noone will be able to resist.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Vietnamese Caramel Salmon With Steamed Ginger Rice Recipe
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, cut into matchsticks
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 6 x 150g skinless salmon fillets
- Steamed broccolini, to serve
- Steamed asparagus, to serve
- Fresh coriander sprigs, to serve
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 green onions, white and green part separated, thinly sliced
- 4cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 2 cups medium grain white rice
The instruction how to make Vietnamese Caramel Salmon With Steamed Ginger Rice Recipe
- Make Steamed Ginger Rice Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add white part of onion. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add ginger. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add rice. Stir until well coated. Add 2 3/4 cups water. Season with salt. Stir. Increase heat to high. Bring to the boil. Cover. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 15 minutes or until water is absorbed and rice is tender. Remove from heat. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Add green part of onion. Fluff with a fork to separate grains.
- Meanwhile, place sugar and 1/2 cup water in a large, deep frying pan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to high. Cook, without stirring, for 6 to 8 minutes or until a light caramel.
- Add ginger, garlic, chilli, fish sauce and 1/4 cup water. Stir to combine. Bring to the boil. Add salmon. Turn to coat. Reduce heat to medium-high. Cover. Cook for 6 minutes or until salmon is just cooked through.
- Drizzle salmon and steamed vegetables with caramel mixture. Top with coriander. Serve with ginger rice.
Nutritions of Vietnamese Caramel Salmon With Steamed Ginger Rice Recipe
fatContent: 705.289 calories
saturatedFatContent: 20.4 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4.5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 86.9 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 40.2 grams protein
sodiumContent: 73 milligrams cholesterol