Creamy Chicken Soup With Cheesy CroutonsBy Amira Georgy On Nov 18, 2020
Cooking Creamy chicken soup with cheesy croutons step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Creamy chicken soup with cheesy croutons you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
This easy modern twist on traditional cream of chicken soup is ready in minutes and comes topped with golden cheese croutons.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Creamy Chicken Soup With Cheesy Croutons
- 2 cups milk
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 50g butter
- 2 leeks, white part only, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 2 red royale potatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- 6 thick white bread slices, crusts removed
- 60g goatu2019s cheese
- 1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
- Olive oil spray
- Extra virgin olive oil, to drizzle
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
The instruction how to make Creamy Chicken Soup With Cheesy Croutons
- Bring milk, stock and bay leaves to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add chicken. Cook for 8 minutes. Remove from heat. Stand chicken in milk for 10 minutes or until cooked through. Using tongs, transfer chicken to a plate. Strain milk into a large bowl. Slice chicken. Cover to keep warm.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add leek. Cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic. Cook, stirring for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Sprinkle over flour. Cook, stirring for 2 minutes or until mixture starts to turn light golden.
- Gradually add milk mixture, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth. Bring to a simmer, stirring. Add potato. Simmer, covered, stirring often, for 10 minutes or until potato is tender.
- Meanwhile, spread half the bread slices with goatu2019s cheese. Sprinkle with tasty cheese. Top with remaining bread slices. Spray a large frying pan with oil. Heat over medium-high heat. Cook sandwiches, in batches, for 2 minutes each side or until golden and cheese has melted. Cut into 2cm pieces.
- Add cream and half of the chicken to soup. Cook for 2 minutes or until heated through. Serve soup drizzle with olive oil and topped with remaining chicken, cheesy croutons and parsley.
Nutritions of Creamy Chicken Soup With Cheesy Croutons