Malteser CakeBy Member recipe On Nov 12, 2020
Cooking Malteser cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Malteser cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
*Disclaimer: This recipe is a member recipe. It has not been tested by the taste.com.au team.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Malteser Cake
- 130g butter
- 50g golden syrup
- 50g dark chocolate
- 50g cocoa powder
- 220g digestive biscuits, coarsely broken
- 250g Maltesers, 1/2 crushed and 1/2 left whole
- 50g chocolate, melted
- 50g thickened cream
The instruction how to make Malteser Cake
- Melt the butter and golden syrup together in a large, heavy-based saucepan. Add the chocolate, stirring constantly.
- Once you have a dark, sticky liquid, throw in the broken digestives, cocoa powder and the broken Maltesers. Give everything a good stirring around to coat all the dry ingredients with the sticky mixture. Allow it to cool slightly before stirring in the whole Maltesers.
- Line a cake tin with cling film, and then press in the mixture, being careful not to crush any of the whole Maltesers.
- Pop it into the freezer while you make the ganache - this will ensure a firm set and a cool base to put the topping on.
- To make the ganache, melt the other 50g of chocolate and whip up the cream, then add a little of the cream to the melted chocolate. This will make the chocolate runnier and easier to add into the whipped cream. This will form the ganache topping.
- Extract the cake from the freezer, and smooth the ganache topping over it.
Nutritions of Malteser Cake