Cauliflower PiccalilliBy Alison Adams On Oct 31, 2020
Cooking Cauliflower piccalilli step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Cauliflower piccalilli you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
This easy makefromscratch cauliflower pickle is perfect in a cheese toastie, sandwich or platter. Store in jars for a perfect food gift.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Cauliflower Piccalilli
- 800g cauliflower, trimmed, cut into florets
- 300g French shallots, peeled, halved if large
- 500ml (2 cups) apple cider vinegar
- 215g (1 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 35g (1/4 cup) cornflour
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 1 long fresh red chilli, deseeded, thinly sliced
The instruction how to make Cauliflower Piccalilli
- Cook cauliflower and shallot in a large saucepan of salted water for 5 minutes or until tender-crisp. Drain and pat dry with paper towel.
- Place vinegar, sugar and salt in a large saucepan. Cook, stirring, over medium heat for 3 minutes or until the sugar dissolves. Simmer for 5 minutes or until reduced slightly.
- Meanwhile, combine the cornflour, mustard, turmeric and coriander in a heatproof bowl. Add enough of the vinegar mixture to form a paste. Add the paste to the rest of the vinegar mixture along with the cauliflower mixture and chilli. Cook, stirring, over low heat for 5 minutes or until mixture has thickened slightly. Transfer to sterilised jars. Seal. Keep in a cool dry place for a month before opening.
Nutritions of Cauliflower Piccalilli