Gluten-free Hot Cross BunsBy Not available On Oct 31, 2020
Cooking Gluten-free hot cross buns step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Gluten-free hot cross buns you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
These glutenfree hot cross buns are spiced with ground cinnamon, dried apricots, sweet dates and apricot jam.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Gluten-free Hot Cross Buns
- 1 3/4 cups buttermilk, warmed
- 2 x 8g sachet dried yeast
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 x 450g pkt Orgran Gluten Free Easy Bake Bread Mix
- 1 tablespoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons ground mixed spice
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups mixed dried fruit (combined sultanas, chopped dates and dried apricots)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free plain flour
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup apricot jam, warmed
The instruction how to make Gluten-free Hot Cross Buns
- Preheat oven to 200C or 180C fan-forced. Spray a 20cm x 30cm tray with cooking oil.
- In a small bowl, combine warm buttermilk, yeast and caster sugar. Set aside for 10 mins. Until bubbly.
- In a large bowl, combine bread mix, xanthan gum, salt, spice, cinnamon and dried fruit. Stir well.
- Add yeast mixture and eggs to the flour mixture. Using an electric mixer fitted with dough hooks, beat on medium for 5 mins. Using a large spoon dipped into warm water, scoop out mixture and place onto prepared tray in 3 rows of 4. Set aside in a warm place to prove for 40 mins.
- Make up cross mixture by combining flour and water to form a smooth paste. Pipe cross mixture in long lines across the buns to form crosses.
- Bake buns for 25-30 mins until golden. Brush tops of buns with glaze and serve.
Nutritions of Gluten-free Hot Cross Buns