Sugar And Spice Glazed Ham With Green Tomato RelishBy Sophia Young On Oct 31, 2020
Cooking Sugar and spice glazed ham with green tomato relish step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Sugar and spice glazed ham with green tomato relish you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Moroccan spices will bring an exotic twist to delicious glazed ham.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Sugar And Spice Glazed Ham With Green Tomato Relish
- 4.5kg cooked easy-carve shoulder of ham (picnic ham) (see note)
- 250ml (1 cup) cider
- 2 teaspoons ras el hanout (see note)
- 150g dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 eschalots, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 4 green tomatoes, quartered, cut into thin slices
The instruction how to make Sugar And Spice Glazed Ham With Green Tomato Relish
- Using a sharp knife, cut around skin 10cm from the shank end of the ham, then, starting at the bottom of ham, slide your fingers under the skin, working them up between skin and fat, loosening skin as you go. When you reach the shank, gently pull back skin in one piece and discard.
- Preheat oven to 190C. Place ham in a large roasting pan and pour in cider. Combine ras el hanout, sugar and mustard and, with your hands, spread over the ham. Bake ham for 45 minutes, basting with juices occasionally until well glazed, then transfer to a platter.
- Meanwhile, make tomato relish: Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat, add eschalots, mustard seeds, chilli, allspice and 1 teaspoon sea salt and cook for 8 minutes. Add sugar, vinegar and tomatoes and cook for 10 minutes or until tomatoes are soft.
- Holding a knife perpendicular to the platter, carve thin slices of ham. If the ham has a bone, work around it, then turn ham over and repeat. Serve with green tomato relish.
Nutritions of Sugar And Spice Glazed Ham With Green Tomato Relish