Spicy Lamb RendangBy Liz Macri On Oct 31, 2020
Cooking Spicy lamb rendang step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Spicy lamb rendang you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Heres a recipe made for making and freezing, then thawing and enjoying on another night less work and more me time!
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Spicy Lamb Rendang
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 medium brown onions, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, quartered
- 12cm stalk fresh lemongrass, thinly sliced
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, sliced
- 2 small red chillies, chopped
- 3 long red chillies, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander root and stem mixture (see note)
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 270ml can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup Massel beef stock
- 1.2kg lamb easy-carve forequarter roast
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- Asian greens, to serve
The instruction how to make Spicy Lamb Rendang
- Process turmeric, onion, garlic, lemongrass, ginger, chillies, coriander and 1 1/2 tablespoons oil until a paste forms.
- Heat remaining oil in a large deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook turmeric mixture, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until fragrant. Add coconut milk and stock. Bring to the boil. Transfer to slow cooker. Add lamb. Turn to coat.
- Cook, covered, on low heat, for 5 hours. Increase heat to high. Cook, uncovered, for 1 hour or until sauce thickens slightly and lamb is tender. Remove lamb. Skim excess oil from sauce. Coarsely shred lamb. Return lamb to sauce. Serve with coriander, rice and greens.
Nutritions of Spicy Lamb Rendang
fatContent: 669.917 calories
saturatedFatContent: 34.1 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 16.8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 43.6 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 44.1 grams protein
sodiumContent: 110 milligrams cholesterol