Chinese-style Pot-roasted LambBy Lucy Busuttil On Oct 24, 2020
Cooking Chinese-style pot-roasted lamb step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Chinese-style pot-roasted lamb you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Spice up your lamb roast with this Chinese twist! Do all the work on the weekend, then give it an hour on the night – serve with your choice of mash or rice.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Chinese-style Pot-roasted Lamb
- 1.8kg easy-carve leg of lamb, de-boned, rolled
- 1 large orange, rind peeled into 5cm strips, juiced
- 1 lemon, rind peeled into 5cm strips, juiced
- 185ml (3/4 cup) Chinese rice wine
- 185ml (3/4 cup) dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 55g (1/4 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Sichuan peppercorns
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 8 whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 3 whole star anise
- 1 garlic bulb, halved
- 500ml (2 cups) water
- Garlic mashed potato or steamed rice, to serve
- Steamed Asian greens, to serve (optional)
The instruction how to make Chinese-style Pot-roasted Lamb
- Place the lamb in a large flameproof oval casserole dish. Combine the orange rind and juice, lemon rind and juice, rice wine, soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, peppercorns, cinnamon, cloves, fennel seeds, star anise and garlic in a bowl. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Pour over the lamb. Place in the fridge for 8 hours or overnight, turning once, to marinate.
- Preheat oven to 160C/140C fan forced. Pour water into the dish. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Roast, covered, basting every 20 minutes, for 2u00a0hours to 2 hours 30u00a0minutes, until the meat is tender. Roast, uncovered, for a further 1u00a0hour or until browned and liquid has reduced slightly. Set aside in the dish for 30u00a0minutes to rest. Use a spoon to skim the fat from the surface and discard.
- Serve lamb with garlic mashed potato, pan juices and steamed greens, if using.
Nutritions of Chinese-style Pot-roasted Lamb
fatContent: 847.733 calories
saturatedFatContent: 35 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 15 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 36 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 91 grams protein
You may also like :
- Indian Lentil And Egg Curry Recipe
- Bacon Ranch Dress N Dip Sauce Recipe
- Tuna And Mixed Bean Salad With Lemon Dressing
- Blue Cheese With Crisp Vegetables And Crackers
- Middle Eastern Chickpea And Vegetable Salad
- Berry And Chocolate Scroll Cobbler
- Lamb Shank, Pumpkin And Fennel Scotch Broth
- Chicken And Chorizo Minestrone