Greek Lamb With Feta, Potatoes And Cos SaladBy Sophia Young, Food director - MasterChef Magazine On Oct 23, 2020
Cooking Greek lamb with feta, potatoes and cos salad step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Greek lamb with feta, potatoes and cos salad you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Invite your friends and welcome your family to enjoy this celebratory dish from around the world.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Greek Lamb With Feta, Potatoes And Cos Salad
- 1.6kg easy-carve leg of lamb
- 4 cloves garlic, thickly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves, plus extra sprigs, to serve
- 2 tablespoons rosemary leaves
- 1 lemon, zested, juiced
- 100ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1kg desiree potatoes, halved lengthwise, cut into 3 wedges
- 150g kalamata olives
- 150g feta, cut into3cm pieces
- 175g baby green beans, trimmed
- 175g snowpeas, trimmed
- 1/2 cos lettuce, coarsely shredded
- 1/2 bunch dill, roughly chopped
- 1/2 bunch mint, leaves picked, roughly chopped
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
The instruction how to make Greek Lamb With Feta, Potatoes And Cos Salad
- Preheat oven to 180C. Using a small knife, cut 12 x 1cm slits into lamb. Stuff each incision with a slice of garlic and a few fresh oregano leaves.
- Roughly chop remaining oregano and rosemary, then combine with lemon juice, 60ml oil, dried oregano, 2 teaspoons paprika and 1 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Place lamb in a large roasting pan, then rub with oregano mixture to coat. Cover pan with foil and roast lamb for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, place potatoes in a large pan of cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat, then cook for 4 minutes to par-cook. Drain. Return potatoes to pan, add remaining 2 tablespoons oil, lemon zest, 1 teaspoon paprika and 1 teaspoon salt. Toss to coat.
- Place potatoes around lamb. Roast, uncovered, basting halfway with pan juices, for a further 40 minutes or until lamb is medium or cooked to your liking. Transfer lamb to a plate, loosely cover with foil and rest for 15 minutes. Add olives and feta to potatoes. Increase oven to 220C fan-forced and roast for a further 15 minutes or until potatoes are golden. To make salad: Cook beans in a saucepan of boiling salted water for about 2 minutes.
- Add snow peas and cook for a further minute or until vegetables are tender.
- Drain, refresh under cold water, then drain again. Toss beans and peas with remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Carve lamb and divide among plates with feta potatoes.
- Scatter with extra oregano sprigs. Serve immediately with cos and bean salad.
Nutritions of Greek Lamb With Feta, Potatoes And Cos Salad
fatContent: 772.687 calories
saturatedFatContent: 50 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 14 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 23 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 5 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 54 grams protein
sodiumContent: 166 milligrams cholesterol
Tags : greek, roast, boil, autumn, dinner, main, salad, onion, dill, lettuce, snow peas, green beans, olives, potato, feta, paprika, lemon, rosemary, garlic, meat, lamb, easter, family, easter main, easter roast, low carb, lower gi, low sugar,