Filo Custard TartBy Amira Georgy On Oct 20, 2020
Cooking Filo custard tart step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Filo custard tart you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
A spiral of crispy, buttery filo pastry filled with the creamiest custard. Meet your new favourite easy dessert!
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Filo Custard Tart
- 1 1/2 tablespoons custard powder
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar mixture
- 2 tablespoons milk, plus 11/4 cups extra
- 12 sheets filo pastry
- 60g butter, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup honey
- Cinnamon sugar, to serve
The instruction how to make Filo Custard Tart
- Whisk custard powder, icing sugar and milk in a small saucepan. Slowly whisk in extra milk. Place over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, for 6 minutes or until custard bubbles and thickens. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Cover surface with plastic wrap. Cool 20 minutes. Refrigerate until cold.
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Grease base and sides of a 23cm round (base) springform pan.
- Brush 1 filo sheet with butter. Top with another sheet. Brush with butter. Fold in half and place in base of prepared pan, tucking sides to create a border. Brush another filo sheet with butter, then fold in a pleated pattern at 2cm intervals. Starting from the centre of the tin, coil folded pastry around centre. Repeat with remaining butter and filo until you have filled the pan.
- Place custard into a snap-lock bag. Snip off 1 corner. Pipe custard between coils of pastry. Bake for 35 minutes or until pastry is golden. browns. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Place walnuts in a small frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until toasted. Add honey. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until honey coats walnuts.
- Drizzle tart with walnut mixture. Dust tart with cinnamon sugar. Serve.
Nutritions of Filo Custard Tart