Apple And Custard Swirl Tea CakeBy Amira Georgy On Oct 19, 2020
Cooking Apple and custard swirl tea cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Apple and custard swirl tea cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
This easy cake is packed with juicy Pink Lady apples and ripples of creamy custard. Its a perfect recipe for morning or afternoon tea.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Apple And Custard Swirl Tea Cake
- 150g butter, softened
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 small pink lady apples, thinly sliced crossways
- 20g butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Coles dollop cream, to serve
- 1/4 cup custard powder
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 1/2 cups milk
The instruction how to make Apple And Custard Swirl Tea Cake
- Make Vanilla custard- Combine custard powder and sugar in a small saucepan. Gradually stir in milk until smooth. Cook, stirring, over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Cover surface with plastic wrap. Cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Grease and line a 6cm-deep, 19cm square cake pan.
- Using an electric mixer, beat softened butter, caster sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition. Add half the flour and half the buttermilk. Stir until just combined. Stir in remaining flour and buttermilk.
- Spoon two-thirds of the mixture into prepared pan, spreading to level. Whisk cooled custard until smooth. Leaving a 2cm border around edge, spread custard over cake mixture. Dollop small spoonfuls of remaining cake mixture over custard. Carefully spread to completely cover custard. Smooth surface. Top with apple. Brush with melted butter. Sprinkle with raw sugar. Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand in pan for 15 minutes. Turn, top-side up, onto a wire rack to cool. Dust with icing sugar. Serve warm or at room temperature with cream.
Nutritions of Apple And Custard Swirl Tea Cake