Aussie Summer Gingerbread RecipeBy Michelle Southan On Oct 18, 2020
Cooking Aussie summer gingerbread recipe step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Aussie summer gingerbread recipe you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Weve given a traditional Christmas gingerbread an Aussie summer makeover with this ohsocute and easy recipe.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Aussie Summer Gingerbread Recipe
- 50g butter, chopped
- 100g (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 125ml (1/2 cup) honey
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 300g (2 cups) plain flour
- 75g (1/2 cup) self-raising flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 x 330g packets Dr. Oetker Royal Icing
- Food colourings of your choice, to tint icing
The instruction how to make Aussie Summer Gingerbread Recipe
- Melt butter with sugar and honey in a small saucepan over low heat. Cool. Combine butter mixture and egg in a bowl. Stir in flours, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and bicarb.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth. Divide the dough into 2 discs and cover with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge for 1 hour to rest.
- Use a lightly floured rolling pin to roll out 1 portion of the dough on a large sheet of baking paper until 4-5mm thick. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan forced.
- Use a 7cm gingerbread man cutter and a 5.5cm round cutter to cut out shapes. Place on baking trays lined with baking paper. Place in the fridge for 15 minutes to chill.
- Repeat with leftover dough scraps. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until light golden. Cool for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Make royal icing following the packet directions. Divide into bowls. Tint each bowl a different colour of your choice, leaving one bowl white.
- Place icing in piping bags fitted with 2mm round nozzles. Pipe white outlines on discs and outlines and faces on the gingerbread people.
- Decorate gingerbread with coloured icing for clothing. You can also add details with dots. Fill in discs to make beach balls. Allow 15 minutes to set.
Nutritions of Aussie Summer Gingerbread Recipe