Super-simple Mexican Chicken PiesBy Kerrie Ray On Oct 16, 2020
Cooking Super-simple Mexican chicken pies step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Super-simple Mexican chicken pies you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
These cute pies are full of flavour and super easy to make.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Super-simple Mexican Chicken Pies
- 200g roast chicken, chopped
- 425g can Old El Paso Mexe Beans, rinsed, drained
- 60g roasted red capsicum, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 3 green shallots, chopped
- 100g grated 4 cheese melt
- 485g packet Old El Paso Fajita Kit
- 60ml (1/4 cup) vegetable oil
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 avocado, cut into wedges
- Sour cream, to serve (optional)
The instruction how to make Super-simple Mexican Chicken Pies
- Place chicken, beans, capsicum, coriander, green shallot, half the cheese, 2 tablespoons mild Mexican salsa and 1 tablespoon fajita spice mix in a bowl. Stir to combine. Divide mixture into 8 portions.
- Heat 2 tortillas in the microwave on High for 20 seconds to soften. Place a portion of chicken mixture in the centre of each tortilla. Carefully fold edges in, overlapping to enclose filling. Press down gently to seal and flatten. Place, folded side down, on a tray. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan. Working in batches, cook the pies, seam side down, for 1 minute and then turn and cook for a further 1 minute or until lightly browned and crisp. Drain on paper towel.
- Preheat the oven grill on high. Place the cooked pies on a baking tray. Top with the remaining cheese. Cook under the grill for 1-2 minutes or until the pies are golden and cheese is melted. Serve with tomato, avocado, the remaining salsa and sour cream, if you like.
Nutritions of Super-simple Mexican Chicken Pies