Tropical Tuna And Pineapple Salad RecipeBy Claire Brookman On Sep 16, 2020
Cooking Tropical tuna and pineapple salad recipe step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Tropical tuna and pineapple salad recipe you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
For lunch or dinner, this rice salad with pineapple, tuna and cabbage is easy to throw together at the last minute.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Tropical Tuna And Pineapple Salad Recipe
- 432g can pineapple slices in juice
- 1/2 cup white long-grain rice
- 1/3 cup whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 small carrot
- 1 1/2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/4 small red cabbage, shredded
- 425g can tuna in oil, drained, flaked
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut, toasted
The instruction how to make Tropical Tuna And Pineapple Salad Recipe
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Place rice, 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup reserved pineapple juice in a large saucepan. Cover. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 12 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Set aside for 30 minutes to cool.
- Meanwhile, place pineapple on a large plate lined with paper towel. Pat dry with extra paper towel. Heat a chargrill pan over medium-high heat. Cook pineapple, in batches, for 3 minutes each side or until beginning to caramelise and char. Transfer pineapple to a chopping board. Cut each piece in half.
- Place mayonnaise and vinegar in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Stir until smooth.
- Using a julienne peeler, cut carrot into long thin strips. Place carrot, rice, pineapple, lettuce, cabbage, tuna, onion and mint in a serving bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Sprinkle with coconut. Drizzle with mayonnaise mixture. Serve.
Nutritions of Tropical Tuna And Pineapple Salad Recipe
fatContent: 495.208 calories
saturatedFatContent: 28.3 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5.7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 37.6 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 20.5 grams protein
sodiumContent: 34 milligrams cholesterol