Poached Cardamom Pears With Spiced WafersBy Jan Purser On Nov 15, 2020
Cooking Poached cardamom pears with spiced wafers step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Poached cardamom pears with spiced wafers you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Poached Cardamom Pears With Spiced Wafers
- 750ml (3 cups) cold water
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) white dessert wine
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 10 whole green cardamom pods, bruised
- 3 whole cloves
- 6 firm ripe pears
- 55g (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 75g (1/2 cup) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 2 egg whites, lightly whisked
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat dairy spread, melted, cooled
The instruction how to make Poached Cardamom Pears With Spiced Wafers
- To make the spiced wafers, preheat oven to 160u00b0C. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Place the sugar in a medium bowl and sift the flour, nutmeg, ginger and cloves over the top. Add the egg white, orange rind and melted dairy spread, and stir until well combined and smooth. Spoon 1 teaspoon of the mixture onto prepared tray and spread into a 6.5cm-diameter disc. Repeat with the remaining mixture, leaving 1cm between discs. Bake in preheated oven, swapping trays halfway through cooking, for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Set aside on trays to cool.
- Meanwhile, combine the water, wine, sugar, cardamom and cloves in a medium saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, partially covered, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, use a vegetable peeler to peel the pears, leaving the stems intact. Stand pears in the wine mixture and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until pears are tender. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Place pears in serving bowls and spoon over the syrup. Serve warm or at room temperature with spiced wafers.
Nutritions of Poached Cardamom Pears With Spiced Wafers
fatContent: 315.241 calories
saturatedFatContent: 4 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 56 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 46 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 3 grams protein
You may also like :
- Beef And Chorizo Tacos
- Stir-fried Lamb, Vegetables & Noodles
- Steamed Scallops With Chinese Pickled Vegetables
- Banana Split Tray Bake
- Elderflower Ice Cream
- Sweet Potato Soup With Asian-style Pesto
- Mushroom And Potato Soup With Croutons And Cucumber Pickle
- Japanese Chicken Noodle Soup With Tofu Croutons