Spiced Quince And Pears With Baked CustardBy Sophia Young On Nov 15, 2020
Cooking Spiced quince and pears with baked custard step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Spiced quince and pears with baked custard you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
These beautiful poached quinces are served with traditional baked custard for an elegant dessert your guests will love.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Spiced Quince And Pears With Baked Custard
- 4 x 350g quince, down wiped off
- 375ml bottle dessert wine
- 2 vanilla beans, split, seeds scraped
- 4 star anise
- 330g (1 1/2 cups) caster sugar
- 4 beurre bosc pears, quartered
- 110g (1/2 cup) caster sugar, plus extra, to dust
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 egg
- 500ml (2 cups) pouring cream
- 250ml (1 cup) milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
The instruction how to make Spiced Quince And Pears With Baked Custard
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C.
- Prick quince all over with a fork, then wrap each separately in foil. Place upright on an oven tray and bake for 1 1/4 hours. Unwrap, cool slightly, then peel skins, remove seeds and cut each into six wedges.
- Meanwhile, bring dessert wine, vanilla beans and seeds, star anise, caster sugar and 150ml water to the boil in a saucepan, stirring to dissolve sugar. Pour into a baking dish, add quince wedges, then cover with baking paper and bake for 2 1/2 hours. Add pear quarters and bake for a further 30 minutes or until quince are tender. Cool, then refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 160u00b0C.
- For baked custard, whisk sugar, yolks and egg in a bowl until sugar dissolves. Whisk in cream, milk and vanilla. Pour custard mixture into a 6-cup capacity, shallow ovenproof dish, then place dish in a roasting pan. Fill pan with water to reach one-third of the way up side of dish, then bake custard for 20 minutes or until just set. Remove from water bath, cool, then refrigerate.
Nutritions of Spiced Quince And Pears With Baked Custard
fatContent: 862.79 calories
saturatedFatContent: 35 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 21 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 116 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 115 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 7 grams protein
sodiumContent: 223 milligrams cholesterol
You may also like :
- Minted Haloumi With Roast Vegetables
- Beef And Vegetable Meatloaf
- Whole Grain Spaghetti With Veal, Speck Ragu And Napoletana Sauce
- Whole Grain Penne Rigate With Italian Sausages, Mushrooms, Pancetta And Olive Sauce
- Bucatini With Cauliflower, Sardines And Anchovies
- Orecchiette With Prawns And Sundried Tomato Pesto
- Spaghetti With Sea Bream And Mediterranean Vegetables
- Apricot Cobbler