Peach MelbaBy Amanda Kelly On Nov 12, 2020
Cooking Peach melba step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Peach melba you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
This classic dessert was created for Australian opera singer Dame Nellie Melba. Its sometimes served topped with whipped cream and toasted flaked almonds.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Peach Melba
- 6 medium (about 160g each) ripe white peaches, halved, stones removed
- 1L (4 cups) cold water
- 370ml orange muscat & flora dessert wine (Brown Brothers brand)
- 140g (2/3 cup) caster sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 2 x 120g punnets raspberries
- 45g (1/4 cup) icing sugar mixture
- 6 scoops vanilla ice-cream, to serve
The instruction how to make Peach Melba
- Use a small sharp knife to cut a small cross in the base of each peach.
- Combine the water, wine, sugar and vanilla bean in a large saucepan and stir over low heat for 5 minutes or until the sugar dissolves. Add peaches. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, for 25 minutes or until the peaches are tender. Remove from heat and set aside in the pan for 15 minutes to cool. Use your fingers to gently peel the peaches and discard skin.
- Transfer peaches and cooking liquid to a large bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 3 hours to chill.
- Place raspberries and icing sugar in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Strain the raspberry puree, gently pressing with the back of a spoon, through a fine sieve into a bowl.
- Place peaches in bowls. Spoon over a little cooking liquid and drizzle with raspberry puree. Serve with ice-cream.
Nutritions of Peach Melba
fatContent: 305.442 calories
saturatedFatContent: 3 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 54 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 54 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 3 grams protein
sodiumContent: 9 milligrams cholesterol
You may also like :
- Indian Lentil And Egg Curry Recipe
- Bacon Ranch Dress N Dip Sauce Recipe
- Tuna And Mixed Bean Salad With Lemon Dressing
- Blue Cheese With Crisp Vegetables And Crackers
- Middle Eastern Chickpea And Vegetable Salad
- Berry And Chocolate Scroll Cobbler
- Lamb Shank, Pumpkin And Fennel Scotch Broth
- Chicken And Chorizo Minestrone