Frozen Eggnog With Gingerbread CrumbleBy Cathie Lonnie On Nov 01, 2020
Cooking Frozen eggnog with gingerbread crumble step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Frozen eggnog with gingerbread crumble you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
This dessert brings Christmas to the table with eggnog and gingerbread.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Frozen Eggnog With Gingerbread Crumble
- 2 eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 3/4 cups thickened cream
- Boozy Strawberries (see notes), crushed, to serve
- Brandy snaps, to serve
- Icing sugar, to serve
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon mixed spice
- 60g butter, chilled, chopped
- 90g butter, melted, extra
The instruction how to make Frozen Eggnog With Gingerbread Crumble
- Make Gingerbread Crumble: Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Combine almond meal, flour, sugar, ginger and mixed spice in a medium bowl. Using fingertips, rub chopped butter into mixture until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Spread mixture in a thin layer on prepared tray. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, stirring every 4 to 5 minutes, or until golden and crisp. Cool.
- Grease a 6cm-deep, 11cm x 21cm (base) loaf pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 5cm above edges. Combine 1/3 crumble with 1/3 of the extra melted butter. Sprinkle over base of pan, pressing with back of a spoon to compact.
- Place eggs, yolks and sugar in a heatproof bowl. Place bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (do not allow bowl to touch water, see notes). Whisk mixture for 4 minutes or until thick and creamy. Remove from heat. Place bowl in a large bowl of iced water. Whisk until cool. Whisk in brandy and nutmeg until combined.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream until just-firm peaks form. Fold in egg mixture until just combined. Pour 1/2 the egg mixture over crumble in pan. Cover surface with plastic wrap. Freeze for 1 hour or until just starting to set. Refrigerate remaining egg mixture until required. Combine 1/2 the remaining crumble with 1/2 the remaining extra melted butter (see notes). Sprinkle over egg mixture, pressing gently to secure. Top with remaining egg mixture. Cover surface with plastic wrap. Freeze for 2 hours or until just starting to set. Combine remaining crumble with remaining extra melted butter. Sprinkle over egg mixture, pressing gently to secure. Cover surface with plastic wrap. Freeze overnight or until firm.
- Turn out onto a serving plate. Discard paper. Stand for 5 minutes. Top with Boozy Strawberries and brandy snaps. Dust with icing sugar. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Frozen Eggnog With Gingerbread Crumble
fatContent: 608.972 calories
saturatedFatContent: 44.8 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 25.4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 41.1 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 7.7 grams protein
sodiumContent: 222 milligrams cholesterol