Normandy Pear TartBy Sarah Hobbs On Nov 01, 2020
Cooking Normandy pear tart step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Normandy pear tart you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Make the most of seasonal pears in this stylish dessert tart.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Normandy Pear Tart
- 5 pears, peeled, cored, halved
- 1 cup (250ml) dry white wine
- 1/2 cup (125ml) water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (200g) caster sugar
- 100g butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (100g) almond meal
- 1/4 cup (40g) plain flour
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1/2 cup (170g) apricot jam
- Shortcrust pastry
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (55g) almond meal
- 1/3 cup (60g) icing sugar mixture
- 125g chilled butter, chopped
- 1 egg yolk
The instruction how to make Normandy Pear Tart
- Place pears, wine, water, cinnamon and half the sugar in a saucepan over medium heat; bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and cook, turning occasionally, for 20 minutes or until pears are tender. Remove from heat; set aside to cool in the syrup.
- Meanwhile, to make the shortcrust pastry, place the fl our, almond meal, icing sugar and butter in the bowl of a food processor and process until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the egg yolk and process until mixture just comes together. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and shape into a disc. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to rest.
- Roll on a lightly floured surface to a 5mm-thick disc. Line a 10x34cm fluted tart tin with removable base with pastry. Trim edges. Refrigerate for 15 minutes to rest.
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Line the pasty with baking paper and fi ll with rice or beans. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove the paper, rice or beans and bake for a further 8 minutes or until pastry is golden. Remove from oven and set aside to cool slightly. Reduce oven to 180u00b0C.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the butter and remaining sugar until pale and creamy. Add the egg and beat until well combined. Add the almond meal, flour and brandy and stir until well combined. Spoon into the pastry case and smooth the surface. Strain the pears and arrange over the tart. Bake in oven for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from oven and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Place the jam in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until jam melts and is smooth. Strain through a sieve into a jug. Use a pastry brush to gently brush the top of the tart with the warm jam. Cut into slices to serve.
Nutritions of Normandy Pear Tart
fatContent: 548.027 calories
saturatedFatContent: 28 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 13 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 60 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 46 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 7 grams protein
sodiumContent: 88 milligrams cholesterol
Tags : vegetarian, pescatarian, spring, summer, pastry, icing sugar, apricot, jam, brandy, flour, almond meal, egg, butter, cinnamon, white wine, picnic, dessert, tart, fruit, pears, bake, high protein, low sodium, high fibre,