Watermelon And Coconut Panna CottaBy Valli Little & Phoebe Wood On Oct 31, 2020
Cooking Watermelon and coconut panna cotta step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Watermelon and coconut panna cotta you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
This tropical panna cotta makes a great summer dessert.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Watermelon And Coconut Panna Cotta
- 1/2 seedless watermelon
- 3/4 cup caster sugar, plus extra 1 tablespoon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 725ml pure (thin) cream
- 6 titanium-strength gelatine leaves (see notes)
- 270ml can coconut milk
- 250g punnet strawberries, hulled
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
The instruction how to make Watermelon And Coconut Panna Cotta
- Cut the watermelon into 2 pieces and chop the flesh of 1 piece (to give about 500g). Whiz the chopped watermelon in a food processor with 1/4 cup (55g) sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla until a puree, then strain through a sieve, pressing down to extract as much juice as possible (you should have about 450ml juice).
- Place watermelon juice in a saucepan with 600ml cream and 1/4 cup (55g) sugar, then place over medium heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Bring to just below boiling point, then remove from heat and stand for 15 minutes to infuse.
- Meanwhile, soak 4 gelatine leaves in cold water for 5 minutes to soften.
- Return the cream mixture to medium heat and bring back to just below boiling point, then remove from heat. Squeeze excess water from gelatine leaves, then add gelatine to the warm cream mixture, stirring to dissolve. Strain into a clean jug and cool. Pour into serving dishes, then cover and chill for 6 hours or until set.
- Soak remaining 2 gelatine leaves in cold water for 5 minutes to soften.
- Place coconut milk, 1/4 cup (55g) sugar and remaining 1/2 cup (125ml) cream and 1 teaspoon vanilla in a pan over medium-high heat and bring to just below boiling point. Squeeze excess water from the gelatine leaves, then add gelatine to the pan, stirring to dissolve. Strain into a clean jug and cool to room temperature.
- Pour coconut milk mixture over the set watermelon panna cottas and chill for a further 2 hours or until set.
- Using a vegetable peeler, thinly shave strawberries and remaining watermelon into ribbons. Toss with the sesame oil and extra 1 tablespoon sugar until glossy. Garnish the panna cottas with strawberries and watermelon, then serve immediately.
Nutritions of Watermelon And Coconut Panna Cotta
fatContent: 518.869 calories
saturatedFatContent: 42.4 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 28.4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 32 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 27.3 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 7.4 grams protein
sodiumContent: 126 milligrams cholesterol
Tags : dinner party, pescatarian, strawberry, coconut milk, cream, caster sugar, watermelon, fruit, spring, summer, dessert, christmas, boil, christmas dessert, pannacotta, panna cotta, italian, christmas desserts, r, coconut, high protein, low sodium, high fibr,