ZuccottoBy Sarah Hobbs On Oct 24, 2020
Cooking Zuccotto step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Zuccotto you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
For a truly Italianinspired dessert try this tempting zuccotto.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Zuccotto
- 1/3 cup (80ml) amaretto
- 300g fresh ricotta
- 250g mascarpone
- 1/2 cup (125ml) thickened cream
- 100g dark chocolate, coarsely grated
- 1/2 cup (100g) caster sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) candied orange, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup (50g) multicoloured glace cherries, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup (45g) toasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup (40g) toasted slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup (40g) pistachios, coarsely chopped
- Cocoa powder, to dust
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup (140g) caster sugar
- 1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
- 1/3 cup (50g) cornflour
- 50g butter, melted
The instruction how to make Zuccotto
- To make sponge cake, preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Grease and line a round 22cm (base measurement) cake pan.
- Use an electric mixer to whisk eggs and sugar in a medium bowl until thick and pale. Sift over combined flour and cornflour; use a balloon whisk to gently fold until just combined. Add butter; fold until just combined. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until the surface is dry and cake springs back when lightly tapped. Turn out onto a wire rack; set aside to cool completely.
- Line a 6-cup (1.5-litre) capacity pudding basin with plastic wrap; let sides overhang. Use a large, serrated knife to split cake into 3 layers. Reserve the base. Cut remaining layers into triangles. Line base and side of the basin with cake. Brush with half the amaretto.
- Combine ricotta, mascarpone, cream, chocolate, sugar, orange, cherries, hazelnuts, almonds, pistachios and remaining amaretto in a large bowl. Spoon ricotta mixture into the lined basin; smooth surface with the back of a spoon. Top with reserved cake layer and trim excess. Cover with plastic wrap and top with a small plate. Place a heavy can on top of the plate and place in the fridge overnight to set.
- Turn the zuccotto onto a serving plate. Remove the plastic wrap. Dust with cocoa powder. Cut into wedges to serve.
Nutritions of Zuccotto
fatContent: 717.956 calories
saturatedFatContent: 43 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 23 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 65 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 51 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 14 grams protein
You may also like :
- Minted Haloumi With Roast Vegetables
- Beef And Vegetable Meatloaf
- Whole Grain Spaghetti With Veal, Speck Ragu And Napoletana Sauce
- Whole Grain Penne Rigate With Italian Sausages, Mushrooms, Pancetta And Olive Sauce
- Bucatini With Cauliflower, Sardines And Anchovies
- Orecchiette With Prawns And Sundried Tomato Pesto
- Spaghetti With Sea Bream And Mediterranean Vegetables
- Apricot Cobbler