Key Lime PieBy Valli Little On Oct 24, 2020
Cooking Key lime pie step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Key lime pie you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
This traditional American dessert is sweet and zesty yum!
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Key Lime Pie
- 250g digestive or wheatmeal biscuits, crushed
- 60g unsalted butter, melted
- 5 egg yolks
- 400g can sweetened condensed milk
- 150ml (about 4-5 limes) lime juice
- 3 limes, rind grated, plus extra pieces, to garnish
- 3 egg whites (see note)
- Fresh cream, to serve
The instruction how to make Key Lime Pie
- Preheat oven to 160u00b0C. Grease a 23cm loose-bottomed tart pan.
- Combine the crushed biscuit and melted butter in a bowl, then press onto the base and sides of the greased pan. Refrigerate for 15 minutes while you make the filling.
- Beat the egg yolks with a whisk until thick, then slowly stir in the condensed milk. Add the lime juice and rind, whisking well to combine.
- Use a clean whisk to whip the egg whites until stiff then fold in the lime mixture. Pour into the tart pan then bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes. (The filling will still have a slight wobble but will firm on cooling.) Set aside to cool, then refrigerate.
- To serve, garnish with rind and cream.
Nutritions of Key Lime Pie
fatContent: 534.882 calories
saturatedFatContent: 24 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 14 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 66 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 47 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 13 grams protein
sodiumContent: 150 milligrams cholesterol
You may also like :
- Turkey Stuffed Pumpkins
- Lighter Creamy Chicken And Pumpkin Bake Recipe
- Tuscan Lamb And Vegetable Bake
- Vegetable Crudite Plate
- Wholegrain Spaghetti With Green Vegetable Cacio E Pepe
- Cheese Tortellini With Veal, Porcini Ragu And Basilico Sauce
- Whole Grain Penne Rigate With Heirloom Tomatoes, Provolone Cheese And Pesto Alla Genovese
- Couscous-stuffed Apples With Honey Syrup