Frozen Chocolate MousseBy Dixie Elliott On Oct 23, 2020
Cooking Frozen chocolate mousse step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Frozen chocolate mousse you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Try this delicious frozen twist on a popular choccie dessert.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Frozen Chocolate Mousse
- 60g good-quality dark cooking chocolate (see note), broken into pieces
- 60g unsalted butter, chopped
- 2 teaspoons orange liqueur
- 2 eggs, separated
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- cocoa powder, to serve
The instruction how to make Frozen Chocolate Mousse
- Lightly grease two 3/4-cup capacity ramekins or moulds. Line base and sides with a piece of plastic wrap. Allow plenty of overhang.
- Place chocolate and butter in a heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on MEDIUM (50%) for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring every minute with a metal spoon, or until melted and smooth. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add liqueur and egg yolks to chocolate mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Using an electric mixer, beat eggwhites and salt in a small bowl until soft peaks form. Add sugar and beat well. Stir a third of eggwhite into chocolate mixture. Gently fold remaining eggwhite into chocolate mixture. Spoon into prepared ramekins. Fold over excess plastic wrap to cover. Freeze for at least 3 hours or overnight, if time permits, until firm.
- Using the plastic wrap, gently ease mousse from ramekins. Turn out onto chilled serving plates. Dust with cocoa and serve.
Nutritions of Frozen Chocolate Mousse
fatContent: 511.699 calories
saturatedFatContent: 40 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 24 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 26 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 25 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 10 grams protein
sodiumContent: 294 milligrams cholesterol