Orange-spiced Golden Syrup DumplingsBy Cathie Lonnie & Kim Coverdale On Oct 20, 2020
Cooking Orange-spiced golden syrup dumplings step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Orange-spiced golden syrup dumplings you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
These dessert dumplings with a kick of orange zest are perfect for entertaining.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Orange-spiced Golden Syrup Dumplings
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 50g butter, chilled, chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup golden syrup
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange rind
- 1 1/2 cups thick vanilla custard
- 1/2 cup pistachio kernels, toasted, roughly chopped
- Orange zest, to serve
- 50g butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup golden syrup
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 4 cardamom pods, bruised
The instruction how to make Orange-spiced Golden Syrup Dumplings
- Sift flour into a large bowl. Using fingertips, rub in butter until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in sugar. Whisk golden syrup, milk and rind together. Add to flour mixture. Stir to combine.
- Make Orange Cardamom Syrup. Place butter, sugar, golden syrup, orange juice, cardamom pods and 11/2 cups water in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir for 2 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil, without stirring. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Roll tablespoons of dough mixture into balls. Carefully drop into simmering syrup. Simmer, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until dumplings are cooked through. Remove and discard cardamom pods.
- Transfer dumplings and sauce to serving bowls. Spoon over custard. Sprinkle with pistachio and orange zest. Serve.
Nutritions of Orange-spiced Golden Syrup Dumplings
fatContent: 544.681 calories
saturatedFatContent: 21.7 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 77.3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 79.3 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 8.9 grams protein
sodiumContent: 37 milligrams cholesterol