Gingerbread TrifleBy Not available On Oct 14, 2020
Cooking Gingerbread trifle step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Gingerbread trifle you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
For the perfect Christmas dessert dive into this sensational gingerbread trifle.drMTVieTqcsQGjAsNYzjymxuN
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Gingerbread Trifle
- 4 cups (1L) milk
- 200g white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 8 Coles Brand Australian free range egg yolks
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 1/3 cup (50g) cornflour
- 1/4 cup (35g) plain flour
- 300ml thickened cream
- 1 Coles Brand madeira cake, (or ginger cake) trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (60ml) coffee liqueur or butterscotch schnapps (optional)
- 12 baked mini gingerbread men (see notes)
- 500g fresh mixed berries or frozen mixed berries
- Thickened cream, extra, whisked, to serve
- Fresh berries, extra, to decorate
The instruction how to make Gingerbread Trifle
- Combine milk, chocolate and vanilla in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, until chocolate melts.
- Use an electric mixer to whisk the egg yolks and sugar until thick and pale. Add the cornflour and flour and whisk to combine. Gradually add the hot milk mixture, whisking well after each addition. Return to the saucepan and place over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, for 3-4 mins or until custard thickens and coats the back of the spoon. Pour into a heatproof bowl and cover the surface with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge for 2 hours to chill completely.
- Use an electric mixer to whisk the chilled custard until smooth. Gradually add the cream, in batches, whisking well between each batch until smooth.
- Arrange half the ginger or madeira cake over the base of a 2L (8-cup) serving dish. Drizzle with half the liqueur, if desired. Arrange the gingerbread men around the side of the dish. Spoon half the custard over the cake. Top with berries. Continue layering with remaining custard, cake and liqueur. Top with extra whipped cream. Decorate with extra berries.
Nutritions of Gingerbread Trifle
fatContent: 403.91 calories
saturatedFatContent: 19 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 11 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 50 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 7 grams protein
You may also like :
- Beef And Chorizo Tacos
- Stir-fried Lamb, Vegetables & Noodles
- Steamed Scallops With Chinese Pickled Vegetables
- Banana Split Tray Bake
- Elderflower Ice Cream
- Sweet Potato Soup With Asian-style Pesto
- Mushroom And Potato Soup With Croutons And Cucumber Pickle
- Japanese Chicken Noodle Soup With Tofu Croutons