Mixed Berry Meringue Wreath With Pink Almond PralineBy Kim Coverdale & Sarah Hobbs On Oct 10, 2020
Cooking Mixed berry meringue wreath with pink almond praline step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Mixed berry meringue wreath with pink almond praline you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Have yourself a berry cherry Christmas with this divine dessert.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Mixed Berry Meringue Wreath With Pink Almond Praline
- 6 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 600ml thickened cream, whipped
- 125g punnet fresh raspberries
- 125g punnet fresh blueberries
- 250g strawberries, hulled, sliced
- Fresh mint sprigs, to serve
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons glucose syrup
- Pink gel food colouring
- 150g frozen raspberries, thawed
- 2 teaspoons icing sugar mixture, sifted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
The instruction how to make Mixed Berry Meringue Wreath With Pink Almond Praline
- Preheat oven to 120u00b0C/100u00b0C fan-forced. Grease a large baking tray. Trace a 25cm- diameter circle onto baking paper. Place, marked-side down, on prepared tray.
- Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until sugar is dissolved after each addition. Add cornflour and vinegar. Beat until just combined. Spoon mixture into a large snap-lock bag. Snip off 5cm from 1 corner. Pipe mounds of meringue mixture on marked circle to form a wreath. Pipe a second layer of smaller mounds on top. Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes or until just firm but not browned. Turn off oven. Cool meringue in oven with door ajar.
- Meanwhile, make Pink almond praline: Place almonds on a baking paper-lined baking tray. Combine sugar, 2/3 cup cold water and glucose syrup in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Increase heat to high. Cook, without stirring, for 7 to 8 minutes or until mixture reaches 155u00b0C (crack stage) on a sugar thermometer. Remove from heat. Add colouring. Swirl pan to combine (do not stir). Pour over almonds on tray. Set aside for 30 minutes or until firm. Roughly chop 1/2 the praline. Finely chop remaining praline.
- Make raspberry sauce Using a fork, mash raspberries until smooth. Push mixture through a fine sieve over a bowl. Discard seeds. Add icing sugar and vanilla essence to pureu0301e. Stir to combine.
- Place meringue wreath on a serving plate. Dollop with whipped cream. Top with fresh raspberries, blueberries and strawberries. Drizzle with raspberry sauce. Sprinkle with praline and mint sprigs. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Mixed Berry Meringue Wreath With Pink Almond Praline
fatContent: 575.99 calories
saturatedFatContent: 30 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 18 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 71.8 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 6 grams protein
sodiumContent: 79 milligrams cholesterol