Peaches & Raspberries Baked In Paper With Almond CreamBy Sophia Young On Oct 09, 2020
Cooking Peaches & raspberries baked in paper with almond cream step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Peaches & raspberries baked in paper with almond cream you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Serve this rustic, homestyle dessert as part of a picnic by the river.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Peaches & Raspberries Baked In Paper With Almond Cream
- 50g unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
- 1/2 cup (80g) almond meal
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Finely grated zest of 1/4 orange
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 3 just-ripe large peaches
- 6 fresh bay leaves (see note) (optional)
- 300g raspberries
- 1/3 cup (30g) flaked almonds, lightly toasted
- 250g blanched whole almonds
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar
- 2 1/2 titanium-strength gelatine leaves (see note)
- 1 teaspoon orange blossom water (see note)
- Icing sugar, to dust
The instruction how to make Peaches & Raspberries Baked In Paper With Almond Cream
- For cream, whiz almonds and sugar in a food processor until finely ground. With motor running, add 2 cups (500ml) boiling water and process for 5 minutes for flavour to infuse. Meanwhile, soak gelatine leaves in cold water for 5 minutes to soften. Squeeze to remove excess liquid, then whisk leaves in a bowl with 2 cups (500ml) boiling water to dissolve. Strain almond milk through a fi ne sieve into the bowl. Discard solids. Stir in orange blossom water. Divide among six 150ml glasses and chill for at least 3 hours to set.
- Preheat the oven to 190u00b0C.
- Place butter, sugar, meal, egg, vanilla, orange zest and flour in a bowl and stir to form a paste. Freeze for 15 minutes or until firm. Divide into 6 portions.
- Meanwhile, halve and stone peaches. Using a melon baller or spoon, scoop out and discard a little flesh to form a 3cm cavity. Cut six 28cm rounds of baking paper and place a halved peach in the centre of each. Scrunch paper up around peaches slightly. Fill peach cavities with the almond meal mixture, mounding the mix over it, top with a bay leaf, then place a handful of berries beside each peach and scatter with flaked almonds. Gather paper together and tie with string.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until paste is firm and peaches are tender. Serve warm or at room temperature, dusted with icing sugar, with almond cream.
Nutritions of Peaches & Raspberries Baked In Paper With Almond Cream