Rhubarb, Ginger & Amaretti PiesBy Katie Quinn Davies On Oct 06, 2020
Cooking Rhubarb, ginger & amaretti pies step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Rhubarb, ginger & amaretti pies you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Snuggle up with this fragrant wintery dessert pie.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Rhubarb, Ginger & Amaretti Pies
- 6 frozen shortcrust pastry sheets, thawed
- 700g (about 2 bunches) rhubarb, trimmed, cut into 1cm-thick slices
- 5cm piece ginger, finely grated
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar, plus extra to sprinkle
- 6 (about 90g) soft amaretti biscuits (see note), crumbled
- 1 egg yolk, beaten with 1 tablespoon milk
- Icing sugar, to serve
The instruction how to make Rhubarb, Ginger & Amaretti Pies
- Preheat the oven to 200u00b0C.
- Grease six 12cm x 4cm round pie pans. Line each pie pan with a sheet of pastry, trimming to fit and reserving the excess pastry for the pie lids. Prick the pastry cases with a fork.
- Place rhubarb, ginger, caster sugar and amaretti biscuits in a bowl, stirring to combine, then spoon into pastry cases.
- Cut 6 round lids from the remaining pastry. Lightly brush the edges with water, then place on top of the pies, pinching the edges to seal. Prick the top to allow the steam to escape during cooking, then brush liberally with egg wash and sprinkle each with a pinch of caster sugar.
- Bake pies for 40 minutes or until golden. Dust with the icing sugar and serve warm.
Nutritions of Rhubarb, Ginger & Amaretti Pies