Kaffir Lime GranitaBy Lisa Featherby On Oct 01, 2020
Cooking Kaffir lime granita step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Kaffir lime granita you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
This zesty granita is a refreshing dessert for the hot Australian summer.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Kaffir Lime Granita
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 1/2 cup (125ml) liquid glucose
- 2 1/4 cups (50g) kaffir lime leaves, stalks removed, torn
- 1 1/2 cups lime juice (from about 10 limes)
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime rind (from 2 limes)
The instruction how to make Kaffir Lime Granita
- Place sugar, water and liquid glucose in a small saucepan. Cook, stirring, over high heat until sugar dissolves and mixture boils. Boil for a further 10 seconds, then remove from heat. Allow to cool.
- Place two 20 x 30cm shallow metal trays in the freezer. Place sugar syrup and 1 cup water in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Place 2 cups kaffir lime leaves in a heatproof bowl. Pour sugar syrup mixture over then set aside to cool to room temperature, to allow flavours to infuse.
- Blend kaffir lime leaf syrup in a blender for 10-20 seconds. Strain mixture through a fine sieve into a bowl. Add lime juice, rind and 3 1/2 cups water. Return 1 cup mixture to blender. Add remaining lime leaves and blend until smooth. Add to remaining mixture. Pour into chilled trays. Freeze 4 hours or until partially set.
- Using a fork, break frozen mixture up until it is quite slushy. Return mixture to freezer and repeat flaking process after 2 hours (at this stage tiny ice flakes should have formed). Return to freezer for a further 2 hours then repeat flaking process. Just before serving, repeat flaking process for the final time.
- Serve spoonfuls in chilled glasses.
Nutritions of Kaffir Lime Granita