New York CheesecakeBy Liz Macri On Jul 28, 2020
Cooking New York cheesecake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for New York cheesecake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
We’ve topped a Big Apple classic with strawberries cooked in sweet wine. Sweet, creamy and topped with soft, syrupy strawberries, this cheesecake is a slice of heaven.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of New York Cheesecake
- 400g pkt plain digestive biscuits
- 150g butter, melted
- 750g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 215g (1 cup) caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 185ml (3/4 cup) thickened cream
- 60ml (1/4 cup) fresh lemon juice
- 2 x 250g punnets strawberries, washed, hulled, halved
- 250ml (1 cup) dessert wine or sparkling wine
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
The instruction how to make New York Cheesecake
- To make the strawberry compote, stir the strawberry, wine and sugar in a saucepan over low heat until the sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 2 minutes or until the strawberry softens slightly. Set aside to cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 160u00b0C. Line the base and side of a 23cm (base measurement) springform pan with non-stick baking paper. Process biscuits in a food processor until finely crushed. Add the butter and process until well combined. Transfer to the pan. Use a straight-sided glass to spread and press the biscuit mixture over the base and side of pan, leaving 1cm at the top of the pan. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
- Meanwhile, use an electric beater to beat the cream cheese, sugar, lemon rind and vanilla in a bowl until smooth. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition until combined. Beat in the cream and lemon juice.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the biscuit base. Place pan on a baking tray and bake for 50-60 minutes or until almost set in the centre. Turn off oven. Leave cheesecake in oven, with door ajar, for 2 hours or until cooled completely. Place in fridge overnight to chill. Top with the strawberry compote.
Nutritions of New York Cheesecake
Tags : bake, summer, spring, strawberry, afternoon tea, morning tea, american, dessert, cream cheese, cheesecake, cheesecake recipe, new york cheesecake, strawberry recipes, strawberry cheesecake, dessert recipe,