Lavender-scented Caramel Poached PearsBy Sarah Hobbs On Jul 27, 2020
Cooking Lavender-scented caramel poached pears step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Lavender-scented caramel poached pears you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Long used to flavour soups, stocks and sauces but most famously used in confectionaries and desserts caramel remains a firm favourite for sweet tooths.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Lavender-scented Caramel Poached Pears
- 3 cups (750ml) water
- 1 cup (250ml) sweet dessert wine
- 1 cup (200g) brown sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 whole star anise
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender flowers (see note), plus extra, to serve
- 4 packham pears, peeled
- Vanilla ice-cream or lavender ice-cream, to serve
The instruction how to make Lavender-scented Caramel Poached Pears
- Combine the water, wine, sugar, vanilla bean, cinnamon, star-anise and lavender in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Add the pears and bring to a very gentle simmer. Cover with a sheet of baking paper. Cook, turning occasionally, for 1 hour or until pears are tender. Remove pears from syrup and place in a heatproof bowl.
- Increase heat to high and bring syrup to the boil. Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until syrup thickens. Strain through a fine sieve over the pears. Set aside for 30 minutes to cool. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 2-3 hours to chill, turning pears occasionally.
- Place the pears on serving dishes. Drizzle with syrup and serve with ice-cream, if desired.
Nutritions of Lavender-scented Caramel Poached Pears
cholesterolContent: 1 grams protein
Tags : vegetarian, lavender, cinnamon sticks, vanilla bean, brown sugar, star anise, pears, dessert wine, poach, caramel, dessert, poached pears, easy, simple, comfort food, gourmet, special occasion,
You may also like :
- Roasted Grape Tomato Salad
- Salmon & Chargrilled Vegetable Salad
- Creamy Chicken, Pea And Spinach Penne
- Prosciutto & Eggplant Rigatoni Bake
- Chicken Baked In Limoncello With Zucchini Spaghetti
- Spicy Beef Hokkien Noodles
- Winter Vegetable Soup With Chive Pesto
- Cauliflower & Parmesan Soup With Crispy Bacon