Cardamom And Star Anise Meringues With Poached StrawberriesBy Sarah Hobbs On Jul 24, 2020
Cooking Cardamom and star anise meringues with poached strawberries step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Cardamom and star anise meringues with poached strawberries you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Bring elegance and flair to the dessert table with this aromatic and colourful dessert.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Cardamom And Star Anise Meringues With Poached Strawberries
- 2 egg whites
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- Large pinch of ground cardamom
- Pinch of ground star anise
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1 orange
- 2 x 250g punnets strawberries, washed, hulled, dried, halved
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar, extra
- 1 x 200g pkt mascarpone
The instruction how to make Cardamom And Star Anise Meringues With Poached Strawberries
- Preheat oven to 120u00b0C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Draw four 8cm-diameter circles on the paper and turn the paper ink-side down.
- Use an electric beater to whisk the egg whites in a clean, dry bowl until firm peaks form. Add the sugar, 1 tablespoonful at a time, whisking well between each addition until sugar dissolves. Add the cardamom, star anise and cinnamon, and whisk until thick and glossy and a long trailing peak forms when the beaters are lifted. Spoon the meringue evenly among the circles on the baking paper. Bake in oven for 1 hour or until dry to the touch. Turn oven off. Leave the meringues in the oven for 2 hours to cool.
- Meanwhile, use a zester to remove the rind from the orange. (Alternatively, use a vegetable peeler to peel the rind from the orange. Use a small sharp knife to remove the pith from the rind and cut into very thin strips.) Juice the orange. Combine the orange rind and juice, strawberries and extra sugar in a medium saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-5 minutes or until sugar dissolves and strawberries are just heated through. Remove from heat. Transfer to a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour to chill.
- Place the meringues on a large serving plate. Top with a dollop of mascarpone and the poached strawberries. Drizzle with poaching liquid and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Cardamom And Star Anise Meringues With Poached Strawberries
fatContent: 384.79 calories
saturatedFatContent: 24 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 14 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 39 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 6 grams protein
Tags : pescatarian, vegetarian, budget friendly, bake, strawberry, caster sugar, valentines day, christmas, dessert, meringue, egg-white, strawberries, poached fruit, traditional, special occasion, comfort food, family, spring, high protein, high fibre,