Maple Mousse With Poached FigsBy Michelle Noerianto On Jul 19, 2020
Cooking Maple mousse with poached figs step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Maple mousse with poached figs you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Popular in New England, maple syrup adds a delicate sweetness to the regions dishes, such as this simple yet stunning dessert.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Maple Mousse With Poached Figs
- 4 egg yolks
- 185ml (3/4 cup) maple syrup
- 1 x 600ml ctn thickened cream
- 400g soft dried dessert figs
- 185ml (3/4 cup) water
- 1 x 7cm cinnamon stick
- 60ml (1/4 cup) maple syrup, extra
The instruction how to make Maple Mousse With Poached Figs
- Use a balloon whisk to whisk together the egg yolks and maple syrup in a heatproof bowl until well combined. Place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (make sure the bowl doesnt touch the water). Continue whisking for 5-7 minutes or until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon. Set aside to cool.
- Use an electric beater to beat the cream in a bowl until soft peaks form. Gently fold the cream into the egg mixture. Spoon the cream mixture among eight 185ml (3/4-cup) capacity serving glasses. Place in the fridge for 3 hours or overnight, or until firm.
- Meanwhile, place the figs, water, cinnamon and extra maple syrup in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the figs are plump and the syrup thickens. Set aside to cool. Transfer to a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to chill.
- Top each mousse with figs and syrup to serve.
Nutritions of Maple Mousse With Poached Figs
fatContent: 518.869 calories
saturatedFatContent: 30 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 18 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 55 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 54 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 4 grams protein
sodiumContent: 137 milligrams cholesterol