Fig And Walnut SliceBy Alison Roberts On Jul 18, 2020
Cooking Fig and walnut slice step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Fig and walnut slice you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
This delicious fig and walnut slice is perfect for desserts, afternoon teas or any other time of day!
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Fig And Walnut Slice
- 200g butter, softened
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 cups plain flour
- pure icing sugar, to serve
- 375g packet dessert figs
- 100g walnuts
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
The instruction how to make Fig And Walnut Slice
- Preheat oven to 170u00b0C. Grease a 3cm-deep, 18cm x 28cm (base) slab pan. Line with baking paper (see note).
- Make fig and walnut spread: Place figs, walnuts, honey and cinnamon in a small food processor. Process to a fine paste.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and vanilla essence for 1 to 2 minutes or until pale and creamy. Using a wooden spoon, stir in flour. Using hands, bring mixture together to form a ball. Divide in half. Press one half of mixture into prepared pan.
- Spread fig mixture over base. Roll out remaining flour mixture until large enough to cover filling. Place over filling (if it breaks a little, press it back together).
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until light golden. Stand in pan for 15 minutes. Lift onto a wire rack. Cut into pieces while still warm. Allow to cool. Dust with icing sugar. Serve.
Nutritions of Fig And Walnut Slice