Chocolate, Hazelnut And Fig SquaresBy Sarah Hobbs On Jun 29, 2020
Cooking Chocolate, hazelnut and fig squares step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Chocolate, hazelnut and fig squares you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Rich dark chocolate and coffee are combined in these moreish fruit and nut squares.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Chocolate, Hazelnut And Fig Squares
- 220g (1 1/2 cups) hazelnuts
- 125g butter, chopped
- 300g good-quality dark chocolate, chopped
- 80ml (1/3 cup) warm espresso coffee
- 200g granita biscuits (Arnotts brand)
- 150g whole dried dessert figs, coarsely chopped
- Cocoa powder, to dust
The instruction how to make Chocolate, Hazelnut And Fig Squares
- Line the base and sides of a square 18cm (base measurement) cake pan with non-stick baking paper. Place hazelnuts in an oven bag and twist the opening to close. Cook, gently shaking the bag every minute, on High/800watts/100% for 5 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant. Stand for 3 minutes in the bag. Place hazelnuts on a clean tea towel and rub to remove the skins. Coarsely chop and set aside.
- Place the butter and chocolate in a heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Heat, uncovered, on High/800watts/100%, stirring every minute with a metal spoon, for 2 minutes or until the chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Stir in the coffee.
- Place the biscuits in the bowl of a food processor and process until they resemble fine breadcrumbs. Stir into the chocolate mixture along with the hazelnuts and figs until well combined.
- Spoon the chocolate mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the surface. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 2 hours or until set.
- Remove from pan. Cut into squares, dust with cocoa powder and serve
Nutritions of Chocolate, Hazelnut And Fig Squares