Fruit Poached In Vanilla And Cinnamon SyrupBy Justine Poole On Jun 06, 2020
Cooking Fruit poached in vanilla and cinnamon syrup step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Fruit poached in vanilla and cinnamon syrup you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Fruit Poached In Vanilla And Cinnamon Syrup
- 3 oranges, peeled, white pith removed
- 6 (about 600g) peaches, halved, stones removed, cut into wedges
- 215g (1 cup) dessert figs (Dessert Maid brand), quartered
- 80g (1/2 cup) raisins
- 75g (1/2 cup) dried cranberries
- 250ml (1 cup) fresh orange juice
- 115g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 vanilla bean, halved lengthways
- 2 tablespoons port
The instruction how to make Fruit Poached In Vanilla And Cinnamon Syrup
- To make vanilla & cinnamon syrup, place the orange juice, sugar, cinnamon stick, vanilla bean and port in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until sugar dissolves.
- Increase heat to high and bring the syrup to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until the syrup reduces and thickens slightly. Remove from the heat and set aside for 15 minutes to cool slightly.
- Cut the oranges into 1cm-thick slices. Cut each slice into quarters. Place in a large bowl with the peaches, figs, raisins and cranberries. Add the syrup and stir to combine. Cover and place in the fridge overnight to develop the flavours.
- To serve, remove cinnamon stick and vanilla bean, and discard. Stir fruit mixture and set aside for 30 minutes or until at room temperature. Transfer to a large serving bowl.
Nutritions of Fruit Poached In Vanilla And Cinnamon Syrup
fatContent: 245.214 calories
sugarContent: 53 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 50 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 2 grams protein