Chocolate And Fig SliceBy Michelle Lawton On Jun 01, 2020
Cooking Chocolate and fig slice step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Chocolate and fig slice you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Keep the kids entertained invite them into the kitchen to help make this decadent chocolate and fig slice.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Chocolate And Fig Slice
- Melted butter, to grease
- 1 x 250g pkt plain chocolate biscuits
- 150g butter, melted
- 1 x 375g pkt dessert figs (Dessert Maid brand)
- 1 x 75g pkt toasted flaked almonds
- 400g good-quality dark chocolate, broken into squares
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
The instruction how to make Chocolate And Fig Slice
- Brush an 18 x 28cm slab pan with the melted butter to grease. Line the base and sides with non-stick baking paper, allowing it to overhang the sides (this will make it easier to remove the slice from the pan).
- Kids task (with adult assistance): Place the biscuits in the bowl of a food processor and process until they are finely crushed. (Alternatively, place the biscuits in a sealed, thick plastic bag and use a rolling pin to finely crush them.) Add the butter and process until combined. Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan. Use a thick glass to press the biscuit mixture firmly and evenly over the base of the pan. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
- Kids task: Meanwhile, use childrens scissors to cut the figs into small pieces. Place in a medium bowl with the almonds.
- Place the chocolate in a small, clean, dry heatproof bowl or in the top of a double saucepan. Place over a saucepan of simmering water, making sure the water doesnt touch the base of the bowl or top pan, and stir until the chocolate melts.
- Kids task (with adult assistance): Spread a thin layer of melted chocolate over the biscuit base. Add the remaining chocolate to the fig mixture and use a large metal spoon to stir until combined. Spoon the fig mixture over the chocolate and use the back of the spoon to smooth the surface. Sprinkle with coconut.
- Place the slice in the fridge for 30 minutes to set. Set aside at room temperature for 10 minutes before cutting into 24 pieces.
Nutritions of Chocolate And Fig Slice