Black Forest Slab RecipeBy Charlotte Binns-McDonald On Jul 25, 2020
Cooking Black Forest slab recipe step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Black Forest slab recipe you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
This choccherry cake is cooked in a lamington pan for easy baking, slicing and serving.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Black Forest Slab Recipe
- 150g unsalted butter, melted, cooled
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 100g dark chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup black cherry jam
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup thickened cream
- Maraschino cherries, to serve
- Dark chocolate, finely grated, to serve
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- 125g dark chocolate, finely chopped
The instruction how to make Black Forest Slab Recipe
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Grease a 20cm x 30cm lamington pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above edges of pan on all sides.
- Place butter, sugar, egg, vanilla, coconut and chocolate in a large bowl. Whisk until well combined. Sift over flours and cocoa. Stir until combined. Fold through hot water. Pour into prepared pan. Spread to form an even layer. Bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in centre comes out with a few crumbs clinging. Stand in pan for 20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack. Spread with jam. Set aside to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make Dark Chocolate Ganache. Place cream in a small saucepan over high heat. Bring to a simmer (donu2019t boil). Place chocolate in a small heatproof bowl. Pour hot cream over chocolate. Stand, covered, without disturbing, for 30 seconds. Stir until just combined. Stand for 30 minutes or until spreadable.
- Spread cake with ganache. Stand for 30 minutes or until just set. Using an electric mixer, beat sour cream and thickened cream until soft peaks form. Spread cream mixture over ganache. Decorate with cherries and extra grated chocolate. Cut into squares. Serve.
Nutritions of Black Forest Slab Recipe
fatContent: 550.895 calories
saturatedFatContent: 38.6 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 25.7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 46.4 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 4.9 grams protein
sodiumContent: 77 milligrams cholesterol