Cherry Sultana CakeBy Dimitra Stais On Nov 21, 2020
Cooking Cherry sultana cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Cherry sultana cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Cut a slice of this fruit cake for afternoon tea go on you deserve it!
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Cherry Sultana Cake
- 125g butter, at room temperature, cubed
- 340g (2 cups) sultanas
- 100g (1/2 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 60ml (1/4 cup) rum or brandy
- 115g (3/4 cup) plain flour
- 40g (1/4 cup) self-raising flour
- 190g (1 cup) red glace cherries, quartered
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
The instruction how to make Cherry Sultana Cake
- Place the butter, sultanas, sugar, marmalade and rum or brandy in a medium saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until the butter melts (do not let the mixture boil). Set aside for 45 minutes to cool.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 150u00b0C. Line base and sides of a 10 x 20cm (base measurement) non-stick loaf pan with 2 layers of brown paper, then 1 layer of non-stick baking paper, extending each 5cm over sides of pan.
- Sift the flours into a bowl.
- Add the cherries and eggs to the butter mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until combined. Add the sifted flours in 2 batches, stirring after each addition until combined.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 1 u00c2u00bd hours or until a skewer inserted in centre of cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and cover the cake (still in the pan) tightly with foil, then wrap the pan in a tea towel. Set aside for 8 hours or overnight to cool completely.
Nutritions of Cherry Sultana Cake
fatContent: 651.036 calories
saturatedFatContent: 19 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 12 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 105 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 85 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 7 grams protein
sodiumContent: 120 milligrams cholesterol
Tags : party, birthday, autumn, winter, christmas, pescatarian, vegetarian, egg, flour, alcohol, sugar, morning tea, afternoon tea, dessert, cake, sultana, cherry, bake, slow cook, cherries, breakfast, brunch, traditional, special occasion, tea, xxx do not use s,
You may also like :
- Beef And Chorizo Tacos
- Stir-fried Lamb, Vegetables & Noodles
- Steamed Scallops With Chinese Pickled Vegetables
- Banana Split Tray Bake
- Elderflower Ice Cream
- Sweet Potato Soup With Asian-style Pesto
- Mushroom And Potato Soup With Croutons And Cucumber Pickle
- Japanese Chicken Noodle Soup With Tofu Croutons