Tropical Sponge CakeBy Claire Brookman & Kim Coverdale On Nov 18, 2020
Cooking Tropical sponge cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Tropical sponge cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Perfect for afternoon tea or dessert, indulge in layer upon layer of light fluffy sponge cake, coconut whipped cream and fresh tropical fruit.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Tropical Sponge Cake
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups caster sugar
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 3/4 cup self-raising flour
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3 passionfruit, halved
- 600ml thickened cream
- 50g sachet coconut milk powder
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- 2 mangoes, thinly sliced
- 40g packet roasted coconut chips
- 1 kiwifruit, peeled, roughly chopped
The instruction how to make Tropical Sponge Cake
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Grease 2 x 7cm-deep, 20cm round (base) cake pans. Line bases and sides with baking paper. Using an electric mixer, beat 4 eggs and 2/3 cup caster sugar for 8 minutes or until thick and creamy.
- Meanwhile, triple-sift 1/2 cup plain flour, 1/2 cup self-raising flour and 2 teaspoons ground ginger together. Sift flour mixture over egg mixture. Fold gently until just combined. Divide evenly between prepared pans. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until golden and sponge springs back when lightly touched. Stand in pans for 2 minutes. Turn, top-side up, onto a wire rack lined with baking paper. Cool completely (see notes). Make remaining cake with remaining eggs, flours, ginger and 1/3 cup caster sugar.
- Place passionfruit pulp, remaining caster sugar and 1/3 cup water in a small frying pan over low heat. Cook, stirring for 2 to 3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Increase heat to medium. Bring to the boil. Boil for 5 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Cool for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream, milk powder and icing sugar until just-firm peaks. Place 1 cake on a serving plate. Spread with 1 cup cream mixture. Top with 1/4 of the mango. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon coconut chips. Repeat once more. Top with remaining cake, then cream mixture. Decorate with kiwifruit and remaining mango and coconut chips. Drizzle cake with passionfruit syrup (see notes). Serve.
Nutritions of Tropical Sponge Cake
fatContent: 440.238 calories
saturatedFatContent: 23.6 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 15 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 50.5 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 6.8 grams protein
sodiumContent: 164 milligrams cholesterol
You may also like :
- Indian Lentil And Egg Curry Recipe
- Bacon Ranch Dress N Dip Sauce Recipe
- Tuna And Mixed Bean Salad With Lemon Dressing
- Blue Cheese With Crisp Vegetables And Crackers
- Middle Eastern Chickpea And Vegetable Salad
- Berry And Chocolate Scroll Cobbler
- Lamb Shank, Pumpkin And Fennel Scotch Broth
- Chicken And Chorizo Minestrone