Persian Love CakeBy Kim Coverdale On Nov 17, 2020
Cooking Persian love cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Persian love cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
For a stunning dessert, try our Persian love cake topped with pistachios and rose petals.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Persian Love Cake
- 200g butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange rind
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon rosewater
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 tablespoons pistachio kernels, roughly chopped
- Edible dried rose petals (optional), to serve
- Orange zest, to serve
- 300ml thickened cream, whipped, to serve
- 1 cup icing sugar mixture
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
The instruction how to make Persian Love Cake
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Grease a 22cm baba pan.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter, brown sugar, eggs, flour, almond meal, orange rind and juice, rosewater, cinnamon and cardamom on low speed for 1 minute or until just combined. Increase speed to medium. Beat for 3 to 4 minutes or until well combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Level top. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into cake comes out clean. Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Turn the cake out onto a wire rack lined with baking paper to cool completely.
- Make orange icing. Place icing sugar in a bowl. Make a well. Add orange juice. Mix until smooth and combined.
- Place cake on a serving plate. Spoon over icing. Sprinkle with pistachio, rose petals, if using, and orange zest. Stand for 30 minutes or until set. Serve with whipped cream.
Nutritions of Persian Love Cake
fatContent: 416.099 calories
saturatedFatContent: 28.2 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 15.4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 35.7 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 5.7 grams protein
sodiumContent: 109 milligrams cholesterol