Chocolate Celebration Slab CakeBy Claire Brookman On Nov 14, 2020
Cooking Chocolate celebration slab cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Chocolate celebration slab cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Keep this handy chocolate slab cake in the freezer and party cakes will be a breeze!
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Chocolate Celebration Slab Cake
- 375g butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 2 cups raw caster sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons mini M&Ms
- 1/4 cup M&Ms
- 1/4 cup Smarties
- 1/3 cup Freckles
- 320g butter, softened
- 3 3/4 cups icing sugar mixture, sifted
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 2 1/2 tablespoons milk
The instruction how to make Chocolate Celebration Slab Cake
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan-forced. Grease a 5cm-deep, 21cm x 30cm (base) baking pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm from edge of pan on all sides.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, vanilla and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition (mixture may curdle). Sift half the flour and cocoa over butter mixture. Add half the buttermilk. Stir until just combined. Repeat with remaining flour, cocoa and buttermilk.
- Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake for 55 minutes to 1 hour or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Set aside for 15 minutes to cool. Turn cake out onto a wire rack to cool (if freezing, see box).
- Meanwhile, make Chocolate buttercream Using an electric mixer, beat butter in a bowl until light and fluffy. Gradually add icing sugar mixture, cocoa and milk, beating constantly until combined.
- Using a serrated knife, level top of cake. Place cake, cut-side down, onto a cake board or platter. Spread top and sides of cake with buttercream. Decorate with M&Ms, Smarties and Freckles. Serve.
Nutritions of Chocolate Celebration Slab Cake
fatContent: 291.102 calories
saturatedFatContent: 16.5 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 10.5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 36.9 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 3.1 grams protein
sodiumContent: 74 milligrams cholesterol
Tags : bake, easy, flour, party, kids party, birthday, cake, egg, chocolate, baking, chocolate cake cakes, birthday cakes, kids birthday cakes, celebrations, kid friendly, freezer friendly, christmas,