Marthas Lemon Crepe CakeBy Martha Stewart On Nov 13, 2020
Cooking Marthas lemon crepe cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Marthas lemon crepe cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
When life gives you lemons... turn them into this decadent lemon crepe cake from Martha Stewart!
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Marthas Lemon Crepe Cake
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk, at room temperature
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 90g unsalted butter, melted
- Extra 20g butter, melted for pan
- 1/4 cup thickened cream, whipped
- 1 teaspoon gelatine powder
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 6 large egg yolks, at room temperature
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely grated lemon rind
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 90g cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup thickened cream, whipped
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 lemons, cut into 5mm-thick slices
The instruction how to make Marthas Lemon Crepe Cake
- Whisk together flour, sugar and salt in a bowl. Whisk together milk, eggs and vanilla in a separate bowl. Gradually pour milk mixture into flour mixture, whisking until smooth. Whisk in butter. Pour through a fine sieve into a jug. Discard any lumps. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Make lemon curd mousse: Sprinkle gelatine over 1 tablespoon cold water. Stand for 5 minutes or until softened. Whisk together eggs, yolks, sugar, lemon rind and lemon juice in a small heavy-based saucepan. Place over medium heat. Cook, whisking constantly, over medium-low heat, for 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon. Remove pan from heat. Add gelatine, stirring constantly, until gelatine dissolves. Remove from heat. Add butter, a few pieces at a time, stirring after each addition, until smooth. Strain through a fine sieve into a bowl, pressing with a rubber spatula. Cover surface of curd with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until set. Stir curd to soften slightly. Gently fold in whipped cream. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Stir gently before using.
- Make Candied lemons: Bring sugar and 1 cup cold water to the boil in a small saucepan, stirring to dissolve sugar. Add lemon. Cover surface with baking paper. Reduce heat to medium- low. Simmer gently for 30 minutes or until rinds are translucent. Cool lemon in syrup. Using a slotted spoon, transfer lemon to a wire rack set over a baking tray with sides. Stand to allow excess syrup to drain from lemons.
- Lightly brush a 17cm (base) crepe pan or non-stick frying pan with the extra butter. Heat over medium-high heat. Remove from heat. Pour about 2 tablespoons batter into centre. Swirl to cover base of pan. Reduce heat to medium-low. Return pan to heat. Cook for about 2 minutes or until edge is golden and centre is dry. Turn and cook for 30 seconds or until golden.
- Slide crepe onto an upturned plate. Repeat with remaining batter, coating pan with butter as needed and stacking crepes. Youll need 15 crepes. Set aside to cool completely.
- Place 1 crepe on a flat serving dish. Spread about 1/4 cup lemon curd mousse onto crepe. Top with 1 crepe. Continue layering crepes and mousse, ending with a crepe on top. Refrigerate for about 1 hour or until firm.
- Top crepe cake with whipped cream and candied lemon slices.
Nutritions of Marthas Lemon Crepe Cake
You may also like :
- Minted Haloumi With Roast Vegetables
- Beef And Vegetable Meatloaf
- Whole Grain Spaghetti With Veal, Speck Ragu And Napoletana Sauce
- Whole Grain Penne Rigate With Italian Sausages, Mushrooms, Pancetta And Olive Sauce
- Bucatini With Cauliflower, Sardines And Anchovies
- Orecchiette With Prawns And Sundried Tomato Pesto
- Spaghetti With Sea Bream And Mediterranean Vegetables
- Apricot Cobbler