Better-for-you Carrot CakeBy Katrina Woodman On Nov 12, 2020
Cooking Better-for-you carrot cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Better-for-you carrot cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Labne (strained yoghurt) is used to make frosting of this cake. Start this recipe the day before.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Better-for-you Carrot Cake
- 260g (1 cup) low-fat Greek yoghurt
- 65g (1/3 cup) raisins
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 175g white spelt flour
- 80g (1/2 cup) quinoa flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 180g (1 1/2 cups) coarsely grated carrot
- 125ml (1/2 cup) rice malt syrup
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 60ml (1/4 cup) coconut oil, melted
- 60ml (1/4 cup) buttermilk
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon orange rind, finely grated, plus extra zest, to serve
- 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup, extra
- Pepitas, to serve
The instruction how to make Better-for-you Carrot Cake
- For the frosting, place a fine sieve over a bowl. Line sieve with 2 layers of muslin. Place yoghurt in centre. Enclose. Twist to secure. Place in fridge for 8 hours or overnight to drain.
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Grease base and side of a 20cm (base measurement) springform cake pan and line with baking paper. Combine raisins and juice in a bowl. Set aside to develop the flavours.
- Sift flours, cinnamon, baking powder, nutmeg and bicarb into a bowl. Make a well in centre. Combine carrot, rice malt syrup, eggs, oil, buttermilk and raisin mixture. Pour into well. Stir to combine. Spoon into pan. Smooth surface. Bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Transfer yoghurt to a bowl. Stir in orange rind and extra rice malt syrup. Spread over cake. Sprinkle with pepitas and orange zest.
Nutritions of Better-for-you Carrot Cake
fatContent: 256.925 calories
saturatedFatContent: 7.9 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5.5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 41.5 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 16.7 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 6.3 grams protein
sodiumContent: 35 milligrams cholesterol