Neapolitan Mousse CakeBy Sarah Hobbs On Nov 12, 2020
Cooking Neapolitan mousse cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Neapolitan mousse cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Start with a sweet biscuit and make it extra special with this fruity afternoon tea cake.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Neapolitan Mousse Cake
- 80g butter
- 200g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 egg, plus 4 egg yolks, extra
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 75g (1/2 cup) plain flour
- 125g (1 cup) frozen raspberries
- 250ml (1 cup) milk
- 100g white chocolate, finely chopped
- 60ml (1/4 cup) boiling water
- 3 tsp gelatine powder
- 560ml (2 1/4 cups) thickened cream
- Oreo Strawberry Cream cookies, coarsely broken, to serve
- Fresh raspberries or frozen raspberries, to serve
The instruction how to make Neapolitan Mousse Cake
- Preheat oven to 160u00b0C/140u00b0C fan forced. Line the base and side of a 20cm (base measurement) round springform pan with baking paper.
- Combine butter and half the dark chocolate in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until chocolate melts. Remove from heat. Add whole egg and half the sugar. Stir to combine. Add flour and stir to combine. Spoon into prepared pan and use back of spoon to smooth surface. Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked through. Set aside.
- Place the raspberries in a saucepan over low heat. Cook for 5 minutes or until raspberries collapse. Strain through a fine sieve into a bowl, using back of a spoon to push as much pulp through as possible.
- Place the milk in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer. Use electric beaters to beat egg yolks and remaining sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. With motor on low, gradually add the milk in a thin, steady stream. Return to saucepan and cook, stirring, over low heat for 5 minutes or until custard thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
- Place white chocolate in a heatproof bowl and remaining dark chocolate in a separate bowl. Pour one-third of the custard over the raspberry puree. Pour half the remaining custard over the white chocolate. Pour remaining custard over dark chocolate. Stir each until smooth and combined.
- Place the boiling water in a small bowl. Sprinkle over the gelatine. Stir until dissolved. Divide evenly among custard mixtures.
- Use electric beaters to beat the cream in large bowl until firm peaks form. Add one-third of the cream to the dark chocolate mixture and gently fold to combine. Pour over brownie base. Cover with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes or until just set.
- Add half the remaining cream to raspberry mixture and fold to combine. Pour over dark chocolate mixture. Cover with plastic wrap. Return to the fridge for 20 minutes or until set.
- Repeat with the remaining cream and white chocolate mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge for 2 hours or until completely set. Remove cake from pan and top with cookies and raspberries.
Nutritions of Neapolitan Mousse Cake
fatContent: 424.942 calories
saturatedFatContent: 31.5 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 19.8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 31.6 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 23.4 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 5.8 grams protein
sodiumContent: 100 milligrams cholesterol