Citrus Poppy Seed CakeBy Sarah Hobbs On Nov 08, 2020
Cooking Citrus poppy seed cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Citrus poppy seed cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Made with flavoursome poppy seeds, this moist cake is easy to whip up for any family occasion.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Citrus Poppy Seed Cake
- 40g poppy seeds
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk
- 125g butter
- 1 cup (215g) caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange rind
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (55g) almond meal
- 1/2 cup (125g) sour cream
- 1/4 cup (60ml) orange juice
- 250g cream cheese
- 1/2 cup (80g) icing sugar mixture
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
The instruction how to make Citrus Poppy Seed Cake
- Preheat the oven to 160u00b0C. Grease and line the base and side of a round 20cm (base measurement) cake pan with non-stick baking paper.
- Combine the poppy seeds and milk in a small bowl and set aside for 15 minutes to soak.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the butter, caster sugar and lemon rind together in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition until just combined.
- Add the combined flours, almond meal, sour cream, orange juice and poppy seed mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour into the prepared pan and smooth the surface. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Remove the pan from the oven and set aside for 15 minutes to cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese and icing sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the lemon juice and whisk to combine.
- Use a serrated knife to split the cake in half. Spread half the icing over the middle of the cake and sandwich layers together. Spread the remaining icing over the top of the cake. Cut into wedges to serve.
Nutritions of Citrus Poppy Seed Cake
fatContent: 418.967 calories
saturatedFatContent: 25 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 13 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 41 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 27 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 8 grams protein
sodiumContent: 110 milligrams cholesterol
Tags : kid friendly, cream cheese, sour cream, almond meal, egg, flour, poppy seeds, afternoon tea, morning tea, snack, dessert, bake, cake, baking, tea, special occasion, party, high protein, low sodium,
You may also like :
- Open Beef, Spinach & Feta Pies
- Cheats Beef And Mushroom Ragu
- Moroccan Roast Chicken With Apricot And Pistachio Couscous Stuffing
- Marinated Vegetables, Pastrami & Feta Focaccia
- Teriyaki Salmon With Pickled Vegetables
- Roasted Lamb Rack & Spring Vegetables
- Ferrero Rocher Brownies
- Cheats Mini Berry Jelly Trifle Recipe