Cassata Ice-cream CakeBy Gemma Luongo On Nov 04, 2020
Cooking Cassata ice-cream cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Cassata ice-cream cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Cassata, like pizza, comes from Italy, so finish the night with a slice of this colourful layered fruit, icecream and chocolate creation.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Cassata Ice-cream Cake
- Olive oil spray
- 1 x 17cm bought plain sponge cake (see note)
- 2 tablespoons amaretto liqueur
- 1 x 2L ctn Neapolitan ice-cream
- 45g (1/4 cup) dried mixed fruit
- 2 tablespoons coarsely grated dark chocolate
- Cocoa powder, to dust
The instruction how to make Cassata Ice-cream Cake
- Spray a 6cm-deep, 20 x 10cm (base measurement) loaf pan with olive oil spray to lightly grease. Line the base and 2 long sides with plastic wrap, allowing the sides to overhang.
- Use a serrated knife to cut the cake in half horizontally. Halve each piece lengthways to make 4 cake rectangles.Line the base of the prepared pan with 1 cake rectangle. Press down slightly. Use 2 cake rectangles to line the 2 long sides. Halve the remaining cake rectangle crossways and use to line the 2 short sides. Trim excess and use to fill any gaps. Brush the cake with amaretto.
- Transfer the strawberry ice-cream to a bowl. Set aside to soften slightly. Spread over the cake base. Smooth the surface. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Transfer the vanilla ice-cream to a bowl. Set aside to soften slightly. Add the fruit and chocolate, and fold until just combined. Spoon into the prepared pan. Smooth the surface. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Transfer the chocolate ice-cream to a bowl. Set aside to soften slightly. Spoon into the prepared pan. Smooth the surface. Trim the excess cake. Cover with overhanging plastic wrap. Place in the freezer for 2 hours or overnight, or until firm.
- Turn out the cake onto a serving platter and remove the plastic wrap. Dust with cocoa powder. Cut into slices to serve.
Nutritions of Cassata Ice-cream Cake
fatContent: 409.646 calories
saturatedFatContent: 20 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 13 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 49 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 36 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 7 grams protein
sodiumContent: 70 milligrams cholesterol
Tags : pescatarian, vegetarian, spring, summer, christmas, european, italian, dark chocolate, dried fruit, liqueur, sponge cake, ice cream, cake, dessert, ice-cream, easy, simple, everyday, comfort food, special occasion, party, high protein, low sodium,