White Chocolate & Macadamia CakeBy Michelle Southan On Nov 04, 2020
Cooking White chocolate & macadamia cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for White chocolate & macadamia cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Apricots give a modern twist to this classic white chocolate and macadamia nut combo.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of White Chocolate & Macadamia Cake
- 4 x 225g pkts Angas Park Soft & Juicy Apricots, coarsely chopped
- 250ml (1 cup) brandy
- 200g butter, at room temperature
- 200g (1 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 225g (1 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 115g (3/4 cup) self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 x 240g pkt white chocolate, broken into squares
- 1 x 110g pkt macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- Shredded coconut, to serve
- 1 x 240g pkt Cadbury Dream white chocolate, finely chopped
- 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream
The instruction how to make White Chocolate & Macadamia Cake
- Combine the apricots and brandy in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Set aside, covered, stirring occasionally, for 6 hours to macerate.
- Preheat oven to 150C. Line the base and side of a round 22cm (base measurement) cake pan with 2 layers of non-stick baking paper, allowing the side to reach 5cm above the pan. Use an electric beater to beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition until combined. Fold in the combined flour and nutmeg until just combined. Stir in the apricot mixture, white chocolate and macadamia nuts. Spoon into the prepared pan and use the back of a spoon to smooth the surface. Wrap the outside of the pan with 3 layers of newspaper to reach above the baking paper and secure with kitchen string. Bake in oven for 21/2 hours. Set aside in the pan to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, to make the frosting, place the white chocolate and cream in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (make sure the bowl doesnt touch the water). Stir with a metal spoon until the chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth. Place in the fridge for 1-2 hours to chill. Use an electric beater to beat the chocolate mixture until light and fluffy.
- Place the cake on a cake stand or serving plate. Spread the frosting evenly over the top of the cake. Sprinkle with the coconut. Cut into slices and serve.
Nutritions of White Chocolate & Macadamia Cake
fatContent: 505.485 calories
saturatedFatContent: 24 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 13 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 55 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 42 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 8 grams protein
sodiumContent: 78 milligrams cholesterol
You may also like :
- Indian Lentil And Egg Curry Recipe
- Bacon Ranch Dress N Dip Sauce Recipe
- Tuna And Mixed Bean Salad With Lemon Dressing
- Blue Cheese With Crisp Vegetables And Crackers
- Middle Eastern Chickpea And Vegetable Salad
- Berry And Chocolate Scroll Cobbler
- Lamb Shank, Pumpkin And Fennel Scotch Broth
- Chicken And Chorizo Minestrone