Whole Orange CakeBy Kim Coverdale On Nov 04, 2020
Cooking Whole orange cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Whole orange cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Finish off your feast with this beautiful whole orange cake. Fresh oranges rind off this dessert beautifully!
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Whole Orange Cake
- 2 small (400g) oranges
- 125g butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup almond meal (ground almonds)
- Orange zest, to decorate
- 1 1/2 cups pure icing sugar, sifted
- 10g butter
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
The instruction how to make Whole Orange Cake
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan-forced. Grease a 24cm (base) fluted ring pan. Place oranges in a saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to the boil. Drain. Return to saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to the boil. Drain. Set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Roughly chop oranges. Remove and discard seeds. Process orange until smooth. Transfer to a bowl. Stir in butter, milk, eggs, flour, sugar and almond meal until combined. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a skewer inserted in cake comes out clean. Stand cake in pan for 10 minutes. Turn onto a wire rack over a tray. Cool.
- Make icing: Place sugar, butter and orange juice in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir for 5 minutes or until smooth. Set aside for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Pour over cake. Top with orange zest. Stand for 15 minutes or until set. Serve.
Nutritions of Whole Orange Cake
fatContent: 360.412 calories
saturatedFatContent: 14 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 52 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 39 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 6 grams protein
sodiumContent: 83 milligrams cholesterol